We care about the safety and concerns of our students. Public Safety officers will provide walking escorts to all campus locations or to your parked vehicle. Contact Public Safety (314) 286-3300 or 3300 from any campus phone
Keys Locked in your Vehicle
If you lock your keys in your vehicle, Public Safety officers will assist you in getting your keys out of your vehicle.
Public Safety officers will assist stranded motorist on the Ranken campus. Officers may not be able to assist those with newer vehicles due to modern technology and placement of batteries. Contact DPS (314)286-3300
Locked Out – Residence Halls
In the event you get locked out of your room, please contact the office of residential Life for assistance or the RA on duty.
All students, faculty, and staff are required to have a Ranken issued identification card, please stop by the Office of Public Safety located inside Myrtle and Earl Walker Residence Hall during the hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm Monday – Friday. If your ID is lost or stolen please contact Public Safety right away at ext. 3300. If you need a replacement ID, please respond to the Business Office first pay your fee then bring the paid receipt to Public Safety who will issue your replacement ID.
Emergency Blue Lights
Ranken Technical College has 5 emergency blue light phones on campus. The phones are checked on a weekly basis for operational purposes. When you push the emergency button the phones will automatically dial public safety and the strobe light will activate.
- Emergency Blue Light Phones located on the grounds.
- Rodenheiser Automotive Center (front)
- Finney West parking lot (towards Taylor Ave.)
- East Cook Building
- West parking lot near Langenberg Electrical Technology Center
- East walkway near Myrtle and Earl Walker Residence Hall.
- Telephones throughout the buildings
- Closed -Circuit Televisions throughout the campus monitored and recorded.
- 24-hour Public Safety Dispatcher
- 24-hour Public Safety patrol
Public Safety officers strive very hard to make sure the campus is safe however everyone plays a key role when it comes to crime prevention. There are times when we have the ability to lessen our chances of becoming a victim. Please follow the suggested guidelines:
- Be aware of your surroundings all times.
- Always lock your dorm room door.
- Never leave your door propped open, even just temporarily.
- Never leave your valuables unattended.
- Engrave your valuable and record serial numbers (See Public Safety)
- Keep your room key with you at all times do not give your key to anyone else.
- Report all suspicious activity to Public Safety
- Park your vehicle within the secured parking lot
- If your ID is lost or stolen report it immediately to Public Safety.
We’re here to help keep you safe and keep your property where it belongs, with you! We will engrave your property (laptops, cell-pones etc.) with an invisible ink engraver with a unique identifying number assigned to you. In the event your property is lost/stolen or the ownership is in question Public Safety can quickly identify the owner and return the property. Please contact Public Safety to make an appointment. Not all items can be engraved and proof of ownership may be required on some items.
Emergency Safety Procedures
Throughout campus in several locations our Emergency Preparedness guide has been place in the bins located behind office doors or on the walls. You will also find in the same location our quick reference “Emergency” placard and building exit plan map on the reverse side.
Please see our Emergency Procedures Guide PDF
- A Message from the Director of Public Safety
- Campus Crime Statistics
- Jeanne Clery Campus Security Act (CSA)
- Campus Security Authority Reporting Form
- How to Report a Crime on Campus
- Services Provided
- Campus Safety Programs/Crime Prevention
- Sign Up for Emergency Notifications
- Parking Regulations and Permits
- Public Safety