If you’re ready to make Ranken your home, here’s all of the information you need to apply for housing at Walker Hall.
New Resident Application
Here’s the process for first-time residents at Walker Hall:
- Fill out the online housing application form or download and submit a hard copy of the housing application.
- Submit a $150 security deposit to the Business Office. We accept cash, checks or credit cards. Please make any checks payable to Ranken Technical College or pay online here.
- Submit your signed housing contract to the director of residential life.
- After receiving these materials, the director of residential life will complete and submit a housing financial form to the Financial Aid and Business offices to determine how the applicant will pay for housing.
- Once the Financial Aid, Business offices and Residential Life have reviewed your application and confirmed payment, you will receive your housing assignment in the mail.
Current Resident Application
Returning Residents will receive their housing reapplication via Ranken email from the Director of Residential Life. If you do not receive the email, please contact LaTrina Rogers at [email protected] or 314-286-4824.
How to Get Priority Placement
Students will receive priority placement on a first authorized basis. This means students who have all financial obligations covered, including the housing security deposit, will receive the room of their choice if it’s available at that time.
Requirements for Residency
Only full-time Ranken students (enrollment in 12 credit hours per semester is considered full-time) are eligible to live in the dorm. Part-time Ranken students are not eligible to live on campus unless special permission is granted by the director of residential life. Credit hour requirements may be less for summer housing.
Housing applicants who have been convicted of or plead guilty to a felony or misdemeanor may be required to go through an interview process to determine eligibility for housing. Professional residential life staff, with assistance from Public Safety, will make all decisions on whether to approve or deny housing applicants with criminal backgrounds.
The COVID Vaccination is required for all students living in Walker Residence Hall
Required Medical Forms
All new residents must submit a medical history form the day they move in.
New residents must also submit proof of completed immunizations no later than 30 days after moving into the dorm.
The immunization and medical history forms can be downloaded here.