Our resources below give you everything you need to know about living in Walker Hall – from applying for housing, to meeting any requirements
for living on campus, to move-in day and beyond.

Applying for Housing

Moving into the Dorm

  • Resident Move-In Guide

    To help make your move to campus a bit easier, check out the Walker Hall Move-In Guide with instructions, tips, frequently asked questions and more. The Move In Date, Guide and all details will be emailed to the resident’s Ranken email account. The information will also be posted on the Residential Life page of InsideRanken which can be found under the Student Services tab.

  • Housing Contract

    The housing contract is required for all residents. Sign and submit it before you move in to Walker Hall.

    You can fill it out online using the link here

    Or download, print, fill out and bring  in.

    Download the housing contract here.

  • Room Assignments

    Room assignments are emailed to residents early August for the fall semester and in December for the spring semester. Rooms are assigned to residents based on the order of authorization by the Business Office. This means all financial obligations have been covered with the College which includes the Housing Security Deposit.

Living in Walker Hall

  • Residential Life Handbook

    In addition to the policies and procedures in Ranken’s Student Handbook, Walker Hall residents must follow the rules established in the Residential Life Handbook. Get a copy here.

  • Holiday Breaks

    Walker Hall closes for several holiday breaks. Residents can stay on campus for an additional fee charged to their student account. The fees are as listed and subject to change:  Thanksgiving Break-$75.00.

    Residents are required to submit their request by the deadline emailed and posted by the Director of Residential Life.

    Walker Hall is closed to ALL residents for Winter Break.

  • Transportation Needs

    If a student needs a ride for a medical appointment or to access the airport, train or bus, they may request transportation from the Director of Residential Life. Requests must be made at least one week in advance and are subject to availability.

  • Mailing Address

    All packages and letters can be sent to:

    Resident’s Name
    Ranken Technical College-Walker Hall
    4400 Page Blvd.
    St. Louis, MO 63113

Health and Insurance Requirements

  • Health Insurance

    Health insurance is a requirement for Walker Hall resident. Proof of insurance is required for students prior to moving into Walker Hall. Ranken Technical College does not provide health insurance coverage for residents.

  • Medical Requirements

    Ranken Technical College requires the meningitis vaccination for all residents of Walker Hall. You must submit documentation of the vaccination before move-in day in order to be eligible to live in the dorm. A vaccination renewal is required every four years for residents who are still attending or who have returned to Ranken.


Information for Families

  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

    FERPA is a federal privacy law that protects students’ information. When a student turns 18 years old, or enters a postsecondary institution at any age, all rights afforded to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. This means that schools are prohibited from sharing information with parents without the student’s consent, except under specific circumstances. For example:

    • Schools may disclose education records to parents if the student is a dependent for income tax purposes.
    • Schools may disclose education records to parents if a health or safety emergency involves their son or daughter.
    • Schools may inform parents if the student who is under age 21 has violated any law or its policy concerning the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance.

    You can read a detailed guide to FERPA here.