Collection of Information
Our website(s) and offices collect various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, social security number, date of birth, email address, phone number, billing and/or credit card information, Emergency Contact, Cell Phone Carrier, HS Transcripts, College Transcripts, HS diploma or HiSET/GED Certificate, ACT or SAT scores, Gender, Nationality, Race, Ethnicity, (learning, medical or physical disability or conditions), marriage status, marriage date, which may be used when you apply for admissions, purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested. Some financial aid application information may request similar parent information, including income and education level.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website(s), which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
Please rest assured that our website(s) shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, any application, completed membership forms, emails and email subscriptions. It is the intent of Ranken to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
Ranken Technical College may have the occasion to collect anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion at a later time. We may also gather information about the type of browser you are using, IP address or type of operating system to assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
It is highly recommended and suggested that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you choose to use or frequent as a means to better understand the way in which other websites garner, make use of and share information collected.
Use of Information Collected
Ranken Technical College may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of the College and our website(s) and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Ranken. Ranken Technical College may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future courses that may be offered.
Ranken Technical College does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Ranken Technical College may find it beneficial to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver billing\payment information, deliver support and inform you of courses available. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you and Ranken have requested, and as such they are thus required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information. (see Appendix B for third-party information)
Ranken Technical College may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services, courses, and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Ranken Technical College may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon Ranken Technical College and/or our website(s);
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Ranken Technical College; and
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of our website(s) and/or the general public.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website(s) please follow the instructions contained within the email or send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected] If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out. To be removed from SMS (text message) messages, you opt out by texting back “stop” or “unsubscribe”.
Links to Other Web Sites
Ranken Technical College shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The college also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website(s) use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Telephone Number: 314-371-0236
Ranken Technical College
4431 Finney Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63113
Appendix A. Websites
Appendix B. Third-Party Information
- Cashnet – provider of online billing, payments, payment plans, and 1098T’s
- Microsoft – provider of Office apps and email service
- Jenzabar – database and records