If you are the victim of or witness to a crime, you should do the following:
- Contact the Department of Public Safety and/or the Police Immediately – We encourage everyone to report crimes they witness or are subject to on or around the campus. Call the Department of Public Safety at 314-286-3300, or dial 9-1-1 for the municipal police. If you choose, you may remain anonymous. When you call Public Safety or the police, tell them your exact location. If you live off-campus, you should call the police for any crime.
- Obtain Description – Attempt to obtain a description of the offender(s), including sex, age, race, hair, clothing, and distinguishable features. Also attempt to obtain a description and license number of any vehicle(s) involved. Note the direction of any offender(s) or vehicle(s) and report these to the police.
- Preserve the Crime Scene – Do not touch any items involved in the incident. Close off the area of the incident and do not allow anyone in the crime area until Public Safety and/or the police arrive.
- Consider Contacting the Student Counseling Service – The Counseling Service may be able to help ease trauma you might feel as a victim of a crime.
- Sexual Assault – If you are a sexual assault victim, report it to the police immediately. Preserve the physical evidence. Do not bathe, douche, use the toilet, or change clothing. If you have been raped, you should seek medical treatment immediately regardless of whether you report the matter to the police.
- Telephone Harassment – Obscene or threatening telephone calls should be reported to the police/Public Safety immediately. Other harassing phone calls should be reported if they persist. If you receive such a call, remain calm and hang up.
- Bomb Threats – If you know of a bomb threat, immediately call the dispatch desk at (314) 286-3300, notify your supervisor, department head, or advisor and wait for further instructions.
- Indecent Exposure – Exposing one’s self is a crime in Missouri. If you observe someone doing this, contact Public Safety at (314) 286-3300.
If you choose to remain anonymous, you should report the crime to the College’s professional counselor who will in turn provide statistics to the Director of Public Safety for inclusion in this report.
Department of Public Safety Contact Numbers
St. Louis Main Desk: (314) 286-3300 (operated 24/7)
St. Louis Finney Guard Post: (314) 286-1035
St. Louis Taylor Guard Post: (314) 286-3642
St. Louis Mobile: (314) 267-2865
Wentzville Main Desk: (314) 286-3396 or call St. Louis Main Desk (314) 286-3300 (operated 24/7)
- A Message from the Director of Public Safety
- Campus Crime Statistics
- Jeanne Clery Campus Security Act (CSA)
- Campus Security Authority Reporting Form
- How to Report a Crime on Campus
- Services Provided
- Campus Safety Programs/Crime Prevention
- Sign Up for Emergency Notifications
- Parking Regulations and Permits
- Public Safety