Want to live and dine on campus? Ranken offers many housing and meal plan options.
Ranken’s dorm, Walker Hall, has many options for students who want to live on campus – from single rooms to apartment-style suites with full kitchens.
A short walk from Walker Hall is Ranken’s dining hall, located on the first floor of the Finney building. Various meal plans are available, depending on what you want for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Interested in seeing more of our residential housing facilities and campus life? Take an interactive 360° virtual tour of the WALKER RESIDENCE HALL
Walker Hall has multiple options for students wishing to live on campus, from single rooms to apartment-style suites with full kitchens.
Each room features:
- Standard twin-size mattress and frame
- Wardrobe (if room doesn’t have a closet)
- Chest of drawers
- Desk and desk chair
Each unit features:
- Wired & wireless Internet access
Check out our floor plans and get more information: Room Types
Fall and Spring Room Options and Costs
Type A – Single unit (with 1 bathroom) – $2,875 per student per semester
- 316 sq. ft.
- One bathroom
- 1 resident in the room
Type B – Single unit (with shared bathroom) – $2,875 per student per semester
- 264 sq. ft.
- 1 bathroom
- Two bedrooms (1 resident per room)
Type C – Double unit – $1,850 per student per semester
- 556 sq. ft.
- One bathroom, four sinks
- Two bedrooms (2 residents per room)
Type D – Shared apartment with 1 bathroom – $2,875 per student per semester
- 735 sq. ft.
- One bathroom, two sinks
- Kitchen equipped with stove, refrigerator, sink and microwave
- Living room
- Two bedrooms w/ two closets in each room (1 resident per room)
Type E – Four bedroom apartment – $2,875 per student per semester
- 947 sq. ft.
- Two bathrooms, four sinks
- Kitchen equipped with stove, refrigerator and microwave
- Living room
- Four bedrooms (1 resident per room)
Internship Students (8-Week Housing)
Type C- Double unit with 1 bathroom – $925 per student per semester
- Internship Students requesting other room types are required to pay full price for the other room types.
Summer Housing Costs (All Summer Residents)
C-Double with 1 bathroom available only, $400 meal plan and the optional $35 laundry plan.
Check out our room costs to get more information: Room Costs
Meal Plans and Costs
Meal plans are mandatory for students living in the dorm. Meal plan cost is separate from room cost. Meals are served in the dining hall located on the first floor of the Finney Building, located just a short walk away from Walker Hall.
Fresh Ideas provides food services for the College. Money for meals plans is placed on each resident’s Ranken ID.
You can choose from our three meal plan options:
- Option A: $1,000 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken ID
- Option B: $1,200 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken ID
- Option C: $1,400 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken ID
To help you estimate your meal plan needs, the dining hall provides the following average costs, per meal:
- Breakfast: $5.00 – $7.00
- Lunch: $6.00 – $8.00
- Dinner: $8.00 – $15.00
These are average prices for “combo meals” including a drink. There are also many a la carte menu items available.
For a downloadable version: Meal Plan Cost Sheet
The cost of the laundry plan is $75 fall and spring semester and $35 for the mid-year or summer semester which provides unlimited access to the laundry room.