Ranken knows returning to school after a career in the military is a big step and we’re here to help.

At Ranken, we accept all forms of the GI Bill® to make education for veterans, service members and their families as affordable as possible. We are also proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program for our Post-9/11 eligible students.

Ranken knows returning to school after a career in the military is a big step – and we’re here to help. We accept all forms of the GI Bill® to make education for veterans as affordable as possible.

Use your VA education benefits at a school where you can build on the skills you learned while serving, and prepare yourself for a new hands-on career. On this page, we’ve gathered all of the information you need to get started.

  • Using Military Education Benefits

    You’ll be able to use your VA education benefits for approved, for-credit programs. The amount of funding the VA gives for education for veterans is based on a few factors, like your time of service and the chapter of benefits you receive. The Department of Defense and the Veteran’s Administration determine your eligibility, so your first step is to submit your application to the VA. Reservists should also contact their Educational Service Officer to confirm eligibility.

    Follow these steps to make sure you get the benefits you’ve earned:

    • Before you apply for admission to Ranken, apply online for your VA education benefits.
    • When your application is processed and approved, you will receive a certificate of eligibility (COE).
    • If you have used your benefits at a previous institution, please complete the DD 22-1995 Change of Place of Training form to notify the VA of this change.
    • Locate a copy of your DD-214(Member-4) to bring to one of Ranken’s Certifying Officials.
    • Then, apply for admission to Ranken Technical College.
    • Submit copies of your high school transcript or diploma and all college transcripts (civilian and military) to Ranken.
    • GI Bill Benefits information
      • Post-9/11 GI Bill® program or Chapter 33 and transferring unused benefits
      • Post-9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon program
      • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
      • Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program
      • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® Select Reserve
      • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
    • GI Bill® Comparison Tool
    • Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Calculator
    • VA Shopping Sheet
  • After Becoming a Ranken Student

    To use your benefits, you must notify a certifying official of registration, changes to registration, or if you leave the institution.

    Ranken wants to make education for veterans as easy as possible, so you can visit the Registrar’s Office to find our certifying officials.

    See the Student Handbook  for the policy on Return of Unearned Tuition Assistance.

    Veteran Resources to Ranken Technical College information:


If you have more questions or need help with the benefits process, contact us! We’re here to help.

New or Prospective Students

Ranken’s Troops to Trades program is designed to help military veterans plan their future in the trades.

More info here >


Current or Continuing Students

Registrar’s Office

Finney – First Floor
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Phone: (314) 286- 3660

Email: [email protected]

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.