Use your VA education benefits at Ranken – one of the Midwest’s most military friendly colleges.
Ranken knows returning to school after a career in the military is a big step – and we’re here to help. At Ranken, we are proud to be one of the most military friendly colleges in the Midwest. We accept all forms of the GI Bill to make education for veterans as affordable as possible.
Use your VA education benefits at a school where you can build on the skills you learned while serving, and prepare yourself for a new hands-on career. On this page, we’ve gathered all of the information you need to get started.
Before You Apply to Ranken
You’ll be able to use your VA education benefits for approved, for-credit programs. The amount of funding the VA gives for education for veterans is based on a few factors, like your time of service and the chapter of benefits you receive. The Department of Defense and the Veteran’s Administration determine your eligibility, so your first step is to submit your application to the VA.
Follow these steps to make sure you get the benefits you’ve earned:
- Before you apply for admission to Ranken, apply online for your VA education benefits.
- When your application is processed and approved, you will receive a certificate of eligibility (COE).
- If you have used your benefits at a previous institution, please complete the DD 22-1995 Change of Place of Training form to notify the VA of this change.
- Then, apply for admission to Ranken Technical College.
- Submit copies of your high school transcript or diploma and all college transcripts (civilian and military) to Ranken.
After Becoming a Ranken Student
Welcome to one of the most military friendly colleges in the Midwest!
To use your benefits, you must notify a certifying official of registration, changes to registration, or if you leave the institution.
Ranken wants to make education for veterans as easy as possible, so you can visit the Student Success Center to find our certifying officials.
Just be sure to bring a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, DD-214, when you come to speak to us.
If you have more questions or need help with the benefits process, contact us! We’re here to help.
New or Prospective Students
Finney – 1st Fl.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
Phone: (314) 286-4809
Current or Continuing Students
Student Success Center
Finney – 2nd Fl.
Monday – Tuesday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Phone: (314) 286- 4891