Am I eligible for VA education benefits?In order to determine if you are eligible for VA education benefits, you must apply for benefits. You may apply for your benefits online, here.

I have applied for my benefits, what do I do next?

Now that you have applied for your benefits, you will receive a letter from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs that will detail your level of benefit along with other important information regarding your education benefits.

You will need to bring in a copy of your certificate of eligibility that you received from the VA to Ranken Technical College’s certifying officials, along with a copy of your DD-214 form. Please bring these documents to the certifying officials, who are located in the Academic Advising office in the Finney building.

I have used my benefits at another school. How can I use them at Ranken?

Ranken Technical proudly accepts all forms of the GI Bill. To change from one school or training program to another, individuals receiving benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR, VEAP, or REAP will need to submit a VA Form 22-1995 “Request For Change of Program or Place of Training” to the Regional Processing Office serving your state.

Individuals receiving benefits under the Dependents Educational Assistance Program will need to submit VA Form 22-5495.

Both forms can be submitted online:  LINK TO ONLINE APPLICATION

If you wish to submit a paper copy of the form please go to our forms page located HERE.

Where can I find more information about my type of benefit?

Click on the relevant link to get more information:

How can I check the status of my benefits?

Click here to check the status of your VA benefits:

Can I transfer my education benefits to a family member?

The Department of Defense and the VA make the determination of whether benefits can be transferred to a family member. For more information about the Post-9/11 GI Bill Transfer of Entitlement option, click here.

Does Ranken Technical College participate in the Yellow Ribbon program?

Yes, we do participate in the Yellow Ribbon program. For specific information regarding Ranken’s participation in this program, please contact one of our certifying officials.

I have a question about my benefits, how can I contact the VA directly?

You may contact the VA via phone at 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551). Call between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday.

You may submit a question to the VA via email and get an answer in four to five working days. You can also search for answers to frequently asked questions and get regular updates. This contact method is available worldwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may submit a question here.