The St. Louis Chapter of the International Facilities Management Association will hold their Facilities as a Career – Pathway to Leadership program at Ranken Technical College tomorrow, followed by a school tour. The organization expects 25 to 50 professional site managers from the St. Louis region to attend.
Students, faculty and alumni are invited to attend the program from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. The event will be most relevant to students from the Electrical, Industrial Technology, Carpentry, Plumbing and HVACR programs.
Successful facility managers (FMs) arrive in their roles from a wide variety of educational backgrounds and experiences. Four local area facility managers will share the experience of growing their careers from tradesmen to responsible FM positions in their respective companies. They will address questions of interest to younger FMs and those who mentor them:
- What are your current responsibilities as an FM and how did you arrive at your current FM position?
- What educational or vocational experience have you found to be most valuable?
- In what ways has IFMA contributed to your professional development?
- What advice would you give a young person seeking an FM career?
- What qualities and experience would do you appreciate in the younger FMs and potential FMs that you work with and mentor?
Ranken President Stan Shoun will introduce the meeting, followed by speakers Pat Breaux of Magellan Health; Dave Garden of Lillybridge Healthcare Services; Scott Held of Ameren Missouri; and Joe Schumacher of Monsanto.
Founded in 1980, IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting 24,000 members in 105 countries.
The association’s members, represented in 134 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than $100 billion in products and services.
Learn more at ifma.org.
Wednesday, January 20, 2015
- 7:00 AM Refreshments – Mary Ann Lee Technology Center Atrium
- 7:30 – 8:30 Program – Staley Auditorium
- 8:30 – 9:00 IFMA members tour Ranken’s Industrial Technology Center
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed to Friday, January 23; if in doubt Wednesday morning, check ifmastl.org
For more information, contact Kathy Fern at (314) 286-4895 or [email protected].