Last year, more than 700 Ranken students received financial support in the form of grants and private scholarships. There are, however, still many more students who would like to attend the College and need financial assistance. With the generous support of our alumni, the Alumni Scholarship Fund offers that assistance, and the promise of a Ranken education, to students in need.
We invite our alumni to consider making a gift to the Alumni Scholarship Fund. There is no minimum gift requirement, and your support will be welcomed and greatly appreciated by our students. Consider these facts:
- 35 percent of the cost of a Ranken education is underwritten by private contributions, scholarship support and income from the endowment.
- 90 percent of Ranken students receive financial aid. The average unmet need (after Pell grants, student loans and scholarships) is $2,500 to $3,000 per student.
- A total of $2.2 million in grants and scholarships was awarded in 2014-2015.
- With increases in enrollment, the number of students needing financial assistance is also increasing: up to 740 in 2014-2015.
- The cost of education continues to rise, as does the cost of tools, equipment and supplies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Benefits from My Contribution?
Ranken students are encouraged to apply. Each year, 100 percent of the scholarship contributions that are received will be awarded based on financial need, academic standing and work ethic.
May I Designate My Gift to My Department/Program?
Yes, gifts of $2,500 or more may be designated for scholarships in any of our departments or technical programs.
Is There a Deadline for Sending My Contribution?
No, gifts can be made at any time.
How Do I Make a Contribution to the Fund?
You may make a secure donation online through Network For Good. Please note in the “Designation” field that your gift is meant for the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
Can I Include a Bequest in My Will or Trust for the Alumni Scholarship Fund?
Yes, a bequest in any amount is an excellent way to support the Alumni Scholarship Fund. For more information, please contact Mike Hawley, Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving at (314) 286-4846, or consult with your attorney or financial adviser.