The Power of Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
Imagine. Design. Create. Repeat. During this academy, participants will become “makers” and tap into their innate tinkering abilities. Makers will safely use high- and low-tech tools, specialty supplies and everyday classroom/household materials to produce creations and innovations. The engineering design process will be employed in a variety of STEM projects. Participants will visit relevant Ranken Technical College departments, engage in hands-on activities, and explore potential community partnerships. Learning strategies supported by research will be utilized to demystify STEM education concepts and empower participants to positively impact students’ attitudes towards and perceptions of STEM concepts, classes, and career choices.
Instructor: Chris Donaldson, Technology & Engineering Teacher, Parkway West High School, Ballwin, MO., STEM Education Consultant, B.A. Business/Marketing Education (6-12) and German (K-12), Technology and Engineering Certification (5-12), M.Ed. Science Education with NASA Endeavor STEM Teaching Certificate
When/Where: June 18 – 22, 2018, 8AM – 4PM, Room G108-109 (Gray Building), Ranken Technical College, St. Louis, MO
Registration Fee: $25 (non-refundable); lunch will be provided daily
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) teachers or school counselors may apply.
- You may not repeat a course previously taken.
- Your registration fee of $25.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Educators interested in this learning opportunity may:
- Earn graduate credit from Lindenwood University (fees apply);
- Benefit from a quality instructional experience, hands-on demonstrations from experienced faculty, and supplemental take-home materials.
Please read this form and indicate your acceptance of its terms by checking the box at the bottom of the attendee information form.
Contact: Barbara Bragg, Director of STEM Pathways Development, at (314) 286-4822 or [email protected]