Innovative and Instructional Technologies for the STEM Educator
From gadgets and gear to interactive web apps and learning management software, this academy will empower educators of STEM content areas to engage students in new ways and add efficiencies in instructional practices. Educators will participate in hands-on, minds-on STEM activities infused with interdisciplinary concepts such as simulation software, robotics, Google apps, 21 century skills, self-guided learning, and more. Connections will be made at Ranken Technical College and in the community to showcase new opportunities for which technical training, real-world situations, work experience, and certifications are critical. Participants will learn how the NASA-endorsed 5E instructional model and learner-centered instructional strategies are research-based best practices for developing lessons and enhancing student learning and achievement.
Instructor: Chris Donaldson, Engineering & Industrial Technology Teacher, DuBray Middle School, St. Peters, MO., STEM Education Consultant, B.A. Business/Marketing Education (6-12) and German (K-12), Technology and Engineering Certification (5-12), M.Ed. Science Education with NASA Endeavor STEM Teaching Certificate (July 2016)
When/Where: June 12 – 16, 2017, 8AM – 4PM, Room G108-109 (Gray Building), Ranken Technical College, St. Louis, MO
Registration Fee: $25 (non-refundable); lunch will be provided daily
The Summer STEM Academies for Educators are high-tech professional development workshops that promote awareness of STEM technical programs at Ranken Technical College, as well as technical career opportunities in the St. Louis region and beyond. Graduate credit option is available.
Educators interested in this learning opportunity may:
- Select one STEM Academy that best suits their needs
- Earn PD hours or graduate credit from Lindenwood University (fees apply)
- Benefit from a quality instructional experience, hands-on demonstrations from experienced faculty, and supplemental take-home materials.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) teachers or school counselors may apply.
- Applicants may participate in ONE STEM academy ONLY. You may not repeat a course previously taken.
- Your registration fee of $25.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Participants must complete a Federal W-9 form on the first day of class.
Assumption of the Risk Form – 2017 STEM Academies