Computer Coding STEM Academy– Becoming Technologically Savvy
By 2020, we’re going to have about one million, unfilled computer science jobs across the country. St. Louis has been identified as a technology hotbed for growth. Junior Code Academy feels that teaching youth about the power of computer coding and design will be pivotal as they progress through their lives. Our program teaches about the essentials of coding in today’s world while infusing multiple soft skills to further expand student success. Learn how to integrate these 5 C’s of Success in your classroom: Coding Skills, Community, Competition, Critical Thinking, and College. In this workshop, you will run through a sample 30 hour curriculum that can easily be adopted by students of any age.
Instructor: Michael Pedersen, Founder and CEO of the Junior Code Academy, Senior Systems Engineer, OGSystems, B.S. Education and Training, M.S. Intelligence and Strategic Studies, MBA candidate (2017).
When/Where: June 11 – 15, 2018, 8AM – 4PM, G110 (Gray Building), Ranken Technical College, St. Louis, MO
Registration Fee: $25 (non-refundable); lunch will be provided daily.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) teachers or school counselors may apply.
- You may not repeat a course previously taken.
- Your registration fee of $25.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Educators interested in this learning opportunity may:
- Earn graduate credit from Lindenwood University (fees apply);
- Benefit from a quality instructional experience, hands-on demonstrations from experienced faculty, and supplemental take-home materials.
Please read this form and indicate your acceptance of its terms by checking the box at the bottom of the attendee information form.
Contact: Barbara Bragg, Director of STEM Pathways Development, at (314) 286-4822 or firstname.lastname@example.org