- What are the benefits of living on campus vs. living in an apartment?
Walker Hall’s costs are similar to off-campus housing in the area, and you’ll get amenities, like study rooms, wireless internet and 24-hour security.
You’ll never get caught in traffic on your way to an early morning class if you live at Walker Hall, and no dragging yourself to the laundromat – you’ll have a convenient laundry room in the building.
Best of all, you’ll have the chance to meet other Ranken students – friendships that start in the dorm can last a lifetime!
- What room options do I have? Can I live alone? Can I live with friends?
Walker Hall has multiple options, from single rooms to apartment-style suites with full kitchens. If you would like to share your room or unit with current friends, you may request roommate(s) in your application for housing.
- How much does it cost to live in the dorm?
Housing costs range from $1,850 to $2,975 per semester, depending on the type of unit. In addition, meal plans range in cost from $750 to $1,100 per semester. Get more details about your housing and meal plan options here.
- Can my pet live with me?
The only pets that are allowed in the dorm are fish in a 10-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- Do I have to be on the meal plan?
All Ranken residents are required to be on the meal plan with the exception of evening school students.
- What appliances can I have in my room?
You can bring:
- Refrigerator (one per bedroom, cannot exceed 5 cubic feet)
- Microwave (one per bedroom)
- Coffee maker with automatic shut-off
- Toasters (allowed in four-bedroom apartment kitchens only)
Any appliances with an open heating element are prohibited. Restrictions may be placed on appliances as to how much power the item draws.
The four-bedroom apartment kitchens come equipped with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and stove.
- What is my address if I want to have mail delivered to the dorm?
Ranken Technical College
Walker Residence Hall, Your Mailbox #
4400 Page Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63113
- What is an RA?
An RA (short for Resident Assistant) is a student currently enrolled at Ranken, most likely in their third or fourth semester, who lives in the dorm and is responsible for advising residents and helping them get the most out of their time at Walker Hall.
- Where is the dorm located?
Walker Hall is centrally located within Ranken’s St. Louis campus, at 4400 Page Boulevard – just north of St. Louis’ Central West End.
- When was the dorm built?
Walker Hall is housed in a building that was formerly home to Raskas Dairy. After extensive renovations, the dorm opened in 2009.
- How many students live on campus?
The dorm can house up to 200 students.
- Is the dorm secure? Can I have outside visitors?
We have a number of security precautions in place to make sure our students, including those who live on campus, are safe.
A Public Safety command center is located within the dorm, and a security guard is on duty 24/7 in the front lobby. The student parking lot is gated, and video cameras monitor the dorm’s common areas and the outside perimeter of the dorm.
To access the dorm, residents and authorized staff must have a Ranken 1Card. Any visitors to the dorm must visit the front desk to sign in.
Safety information for the most recent school year is available here.
- Why Choose Technical Education?
- Why Choose Ranken?
- Find Your Career Path
- All Degrees and Certificates
- Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Management (BSAM)
- Advanced and Continuing Education
- Course Catalog
- Apply to Ranken
- Tuition & Financial Aid