Are you currently in high school, but want to take the fast track to a high-paying technical career? Ranken can give you a head start.
Dual Enrollment Program
We’ve partnered with St. Louis Public Schools and other area high schools to offer a range of dual enrollment programs for high school students. Through these programs, you can begin attending classes at Ranken for college credit during your senior year.
The best part? If you qualify for dual enrollment, you won’t have any out-of-pocket expenses during the first semester. And if you complete a semester of the program during high school, you’ll be able to finish an associate degree at Ranken in as little as three additional semesters. That means you could be giving yourself a 25 percent discount on your associate degree, just by starting early!
Participating in our dual enrollment programs for high school students can also help you get into the workforce faster. Do you know you want a job working with your hands? Working with cutting-edge technology? Or just a rewarding job with a great salary and benefits? Career and technical education (CTE) can help you land that job.
Your CTE high school credits can help you get your associates degree faster, so you can start working at your first job while your friends from high school are still taking out student loans.
- Does my high school offer dual enrollment programs for high school students?
Ranken currently has partnerships with the following high schools:
- All St. Louis Public High Schools
- Pattonville High Schools
But if your school is not listed above, don’t worry! Contact Ranken’s admissions office, at email@example.com, and tell them that you are interested in our dual enrollment programs for high school students.
- Do I qualify for CTE high school credits?
You only need to meet a few requirements to be eligible for Ranken’s dual enrollment program:
- In good academic standing at high school (a 2.5 GPA or higher is preferred)
- Good attendance in high school (at least 90 percent during junior and senior years)
- Meet minimum ACT scores (Math: 17 and Reading: 16) OR satisfactory scores on Ranken’s placement test
- What CTE high school programs are available?
The available dual enrollment programs may vary, depending on your school. Currently, our programs include:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology
- Automotive Maintenance Technology
- Building Systems Engineering Technology
- Carpentry and Building Construction Technology
- Electrical Automation Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
- High Performance Racing Technology
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology
- Precision Machining Technology
Are you a student looking for more information about how to get dual enrollment credit, or an educator who would like to partner with us? For more information on dual enrollment programs for high school students, contact the Admissions office at (314) 286-4809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit by Assessment Program
Ranken’s Credit by Assessment program could give you college credit for your technical learning during high school! Here’s how to make your high school technical courses pay off and help reduce the cost of your college education.
Start by contacting our Student Success Center to schedule a free written exam. You can reach them by phone at (314) 286-3687, or by email at email@example.com.
Students who score 75 percent or higher on the written exam and who are enrolled in classes at Ranken will be eligible to take the hands-on assessment. Successful completion of the hands-on assessment will result in earned college credit for the specified course(s).
For more information, download our Credit by Assessment flyer.
“When I graduate next year, most of my friends will only be finishing up their first year of college. I will have a head start on my career, and a lot less in student loans.”
Derek Dean, current Ranken Information Technology student and graduate of Clyde C. Miller Career Academy