Computer Coding STEM Academy– Becoming Technologically Savvy
By 2020, we’re going to have about one million, unfilled computer science jobs across the country. St. Louis has been identified as a technology hotbed for growth. Junior Code Academy feels that teaching youth about the power of computer coding and design will be pivotal as they progress through their lives. Our program teaches about the essentials of coding in today’s world while infusing multiple soft skills to further expand student success. Learn how to integrate these 5 C’s of Success in your classroom: Coding Skills, Community, Competition, Critical Thinking, and College. In this workshop, you will run through a sample 30 hour curriculum that can easily be adopted by students of any age.
Instructor: Michael Pedersen, Founder and CEO of the Junior Code Academy, Senior Systems Engineer, OGSystems, B.S. Education and Training, M.S. Intelligence and Strategic Studies, MBA candidate (2017).
When/Where: June 5 – 9, 2017, 8AM – 4PM, G110 (Gray Building), Ranken Technical College, St. Louis, MO
Registration Fee: $25 (non-refundable); lunch will be provided daily
The Summer STEM Academies for Educators are high-tech professional development workshops that promote awareness of STEM technical programs at Ranken Technical College, as well as technical career opportunities in the St. Louis region and beyond. Graduate credit option is available.
Educators interested in this learning opportunity may:
- Select one STEM Academy that best suits their needs
- Earn PD hours or graduate credit from Lindenwood University (fees apply)
- Benefit from a quality instructional experience, hands-on demonstrations from experienced faculty, and supplemental take-home materials.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) teachers or school counselors may apply.
- Applicants may participate in ONE STEM academy ONLY. You may not repeat a course previously taken.
- Your registration fee of $25.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Participants must complete a Federal W-9 form on the first day of class.
Assumption of the Risk Form – 2017 STEM Academies
8 people are attending Summer STEM Academies for Educators