Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college, it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our excellent job placement rate.
Director of Major Gifts
Posted: February 15, 2017
Responsibilities: Builds and actively manages a portfolio of donors and prospects to cultivate, solicit and increase philanthropic support of Ranken’s educational mission. Plans and implements various development strategies through mail, phone, and personal visits aimed at building and expanding the current donor base. Develops a detailed prospect list of gift projections, timing and restrictions and meets annual fund raising forecast. Pursues a mix of major gifts and planned gifts with an emphasis on identifying and pursuing new major gift opportunities and increasing alumni giving and support. Identifies and pursues new relationships with both individuals and companies to build a foundation for future support. Maintains appropriate records, tracks activities and provides regular reports on results. Provides timely follow up, including thank you letters, after donor visits and calls. Provides other assistance as needed and requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, journalism, education, mass communications, non-profit management or equivalent; master’s degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of progressive development experience.
- Proven success in achieving measurable financial results including a demonstrated track record of raising funds.
- Thorough knowledge of development, fundraising and major gift practices.
- Experience in higher education or similar not-for-profit organizations preferred.
- Ability to build and cultivate long-term relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to relate well to and influence a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be a detail-oriented team player with the ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of projects to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to use software associated with the job, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and database software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor records, display a positive attitude and work independently.
Electrical Automation Technology Instructor – Openings in St. Louis and Wentzville
Posted: February 1, 2017
Teach Power Distribution, Motors and Drives coursework; classroom management and curriculum development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Practical work experience in the following electrical subject areas:
- Single and three-phase power distribution (below 600V).
- DC and three-phase induction motors, controls and VFDs.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Working knowledge of applying the NEC in the above areas.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Post-secondary / adult teaching experience desirable.
Electrical Construction Design Management Instructor
Posted: January 20, 2017
Responsibilities: Teaches Electrical System Design coursework, classroom management, and curriculum development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology
- Lighting design software such as Lithonia Visual
- Electrical estimating software experience such as McCormick Systems
- Electrical construction project management, project scheduling, print reading
- Residential and commercial design
- Journeyman level electrician experience
- Experience in NEC requirements
- Experience in low voltage, fire, phone, security, and emergency power
- Computer literate in MS Office
IS Report Writer / Training Coordinator
Posted: February 15, 2017
Responsibilities: Develops, alters, and maintains reports using lnfoMaker. Creates, maintains, and runs SQL scripts, manages Jenzabar and SharePoint. Develops, tracks, and coordinates all computer system related training for employees. Serves as project manager for all computer system related implementations. Creates and maintains a scoring system for each department’s knowledge and use of Jenzabar and related computers systems. Develops and maintains user guides for computer systems. Performs weekly checks on data for accuracy, duplicates, and inconsistencies. Reports those issues to department heads for action. Analyzes both academic and business data structures, along with users’ needs to determine the appropriate outcome needed. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. Runs a Jenzabar user group and is one of two Ranken IS contacts with Jenzabar corporate. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related ﬁeld; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong report writing and development skills, troubleshooting skills, familiarity with supporting Jenzabar or similar academic management software, is desired.
- Experience developing and coordinating training.
- Experience with SQL scripting.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Advanced organization skills, particularly when organizing someone else’s material or processes.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
- Experience with analyzing academic and business data structures, along with users’ needs to determine the appropriate outcome needed.
- Certiﬁcates in report writing, training, and project management are highly desired.
- Proficient in SQL.
Note: Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to complete job functions and participate in campus recruiting functions.
Posted: March 21, 2017
Ranken is seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented marketing coordinator for its St. Louis campus. This position coordinates various marketing projects and event planning for the institution. Coordinates and plans various campus events including open houses, events for potential students and workshops for teachers and counselors. Recruits, trains and leads student ambassadors. Organizes monthly meetings. Coordinates annual report concept, creative, limited copy writing, information compilation, and photo shoot supervision. Serves on Brand Management committee and helps implement standards throughout the institution. Schedules and supervises photo shoots for various publications. Maintains project files and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or business, or equivalent experience.
- Solid project management and excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidentiality of student records are important.
- Familiarity with pre-production and printing processes.
- Must be able to lead/direct others to organize events and complete projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Copywriting experience. Flexibility and ability to solve logistical problems required.
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Familiarity with social media and web-based communications platforms.
- Superior customer service skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, over the telephone, and via e-mail.
- At least two years of event planning experience including budget management.
- Experience in vendor management desirable.
- Experience in getting bids and printing collateral materials.
- Experience designing marketing materials for print, email, and web.
- Occasional weekend and evenings hours required for campus events.
Outside Admissions Counselor – Southwest, MO Territory
Posted: July 28, 2016
Responsible for recruiting high school students in the Southwest Missouri territory to ensure enrollment efforts and to fill classes. Assists in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of an integrated recruitment effort, focusing on high school students in Southwest Missouri schools. Assists in the planning of all high school recruitment activities. Assists in enrolling students. Valid driver’s license will be verified. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, business, or educational administration; master’s degree preferred.
- Sales experience required; at least two years of experience in college admissions, recruiting, or student services activities preferred.
- Knowledge of higher-level education.
- Good organizational skills, computer skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent persuasion skills to influence outcomes.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Program Targeted Recruiter – Kansas City Territory
Posted: February 15, 2017
Position Description: The Program Targeted Recruiter will consult with automotive managers to anticipate and meet the evolving technician demand of the dealership service centers.
The recruiter will visit with high schools and technical centers to implement the recruiting strategy and enroll the best qualified candidates into the automotive program. He/she will meet with both high school counselors and instructors to schedule visits and make presentations.
The recruiter will report to the department chair for the certified dealership technician program and also coordinate with the school’s Admissions Department. He/she will also collaborate with all stakeholders to develop and implement the recruiting strategy for the program.
The scope of the recruitment area will be a 500-mile radius from the Kansas City Metro Area with the primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. The schedule will include an average weekly travel of four days on visits and one day in-house doing research, enrollment management, and reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an approved college and T-TEN Targeted Recruiting Plan.
- Recruit primarily in primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri.
- Develop and maintain relationships with automotive dealership personnel/managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school counselors and instructors.
- Maintain database of dealer personnel, school contacts, prospects, and enrollments.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and drive recruitment activity.
- Work with department heads to create and implement recruitment strategies.
- Implement recruitment strategies.
- Regularly follow up with the recruitment candidates to ensure timeliness.
- Manage full cycle (end-to-end) recruiting process to enroll students.
- Perform internship management activities including on-site evaluation visits for interning students.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Sales Experience: Five plus years of sales or recruiting experience preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills, and team based project experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and Internet research.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the end to end recruitment process.
Experience in automotive repair field, or background in education field is a plus.
Truck/Diesel Mechanics Instructor
Posted: January 20, 2017
Responsibilities: Instructional planning, teaching, and learning; student recruitment, retention and advising; assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment; assist in maintaining requirements of NATEF standards; work with Diesel program advisory committee to maintain and enhance Diesel curriculum and assess Diesel program outcomes; assist with scheduling, budgeting, hiring, and other duties; participate in college governance, committee work, student advising, etc.; and participate in available training to keep current in Diesel Technology. Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing general services and repairs on Heavy Duty Diesel Trucks, to include instruction in shop safety. Teaching duties include fundamentals of Diesel Engines; Suspension & Steering; Brakes; Electrical/Electronic Systems; Preventive Maintenance Inspection; Drive Train; Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning; Hydraulics.
- Five years of full time employment as a Diesel/Heavy equipment mechanic.
- Master ASE Certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and 2,000 hours of field experience; OR AS degree in Diesel Technology and 8,000 of field experience; OR Master ASE Certification, and 18,000 hours of field experience.
- Community college or technical school teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer literate in MS Office.
Ranken Technical College has a wide variety of adjunct instructor positions available for upcoming semesters. Adjunct instructors are part-time teachers for day and/or evening school classes who are paid on a contractual basis per semester. Adjunct faculty members bring valuable knowledge, industry experience, and diversity to the classroom. Many instructors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired trade and business professionals. They choose to teach because they find it rewarding to interact with students, help direct the future of their careers, and give back to the community.
Education requirements vary and to teach occupational/technical courses, faculty members must have the minimum credentials required to work in that field and relevant work experience. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are needed along with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- General Education subjects requiring a master’s degree: Math, Science, English Composition, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Literacy, Business;
- Technical Education subjects requiring an associate degree: Automotive Maintenance, Automotive Collision Repair, High Performance Racing, Architectural, Carpentry, Heating and Cooling, Major Appliance Repair, Plumbing, Electrical, Information Technology, Mechanical Maintenance, and Machining Technology.
To Apply For Any Open Position
If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter noting the position for which you are applying and your resume with salary history to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE.
Mail: Attn: Human Resources
Ranken Technical College
4431 Finney Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63113