Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college, it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our excellent job placement rate.
Posted: July 24, 2017
Manages and maintains the Ranken student record system. Ensures the integrity, validity, maintenance, and security of all student academic records. Responsible for all information entered into student records by all departments. Monitors academic progress. Posts grades and absences. Processes student transfers and withdrawals. Creates academic files. Recommends and implements file maintenance procedures for safekeeping and ease in referring to student records. Processes transcript requests. Maintains a strict confidentiality policy and ensures compliance regarding student information in conjunction with FERPA and other laws.
Oversees the creation of course offerings and schedules for day and evening courses at the St. Louis campus and Wentzville and Perryville locations. Confers with the Executive Vice President and Deans on courses required, available faculty, school-year calendar, and class times. Plans and implements the day and evening registration process. Provides progress reports on class enrollment, noting full classes and low-enrollment classes. Performs degree audits. Assigns college credit for courses taken at other colleges and for prior work experience. Determines student eligibility for graduation and determines students eligible to graduate with honors. Researches, analyzes, and compiles statistical data on program registration for Title IV, WIA, VA, IPEDs, etc. Reports accurate data on a timely basis, both internally and externally as required.
Hires, coaches, and evaluates staff, fostering a positive team environment. Establishes best practices, quantifiable objectives, and development opportunities to ensure highly-qualified staff who provide excellent customer service. Monitors department budget, ensuring economy. Participates in college governance, committee work, student advising, etc. Effectively communicates and implements Ranken policies, processes, and procedures.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or educational administration; master’s degree preferred.
- Five years or more of progressively increasing experience as a Registrar and within higher education.
- Experience working with students and student records in a confidential setting.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of audit procedures and ability to produce accurate data.
- Must have vision, sound judgement, and solid organizational skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be highly self-motivated and results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively with others.
- Working knowledge of FERPA and other applicable laws.
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Supervisory experience and effective management techniques to hire, train, and motivate staff.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Posted: July 19, 2017
Maintains all server, network, camera, and security systems in use by the College’s faculty, staff, and student body. Troubleshoots and resolves problems; upgrades hardware, software, and operating systems; and performs new installations as well as installs and is responsible for ensuring maintenance of all network cabling and network devices throughout the campus. Maintains and administers the College’s phone system and 1Card system. Coordinates and tests network and data security. Ensures data integrity by guaranteeing data is backed up and servers are fault tolerant. Maintains server performance by supplying them with the newest service packs, patches, and enhancements. Provides the College with support for its academic and administrative software which includes troubleshooting and numerous database management tasks and server maintenance. Sets up and tests labs with the software needed for various programs and employee training seminars. Ensures backup administration and recovery is functioning. Adapts to new technology and to different operating systems.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of computer troubleshooting. One to three years of server/network troubleshooting experience.
- Strong report writing and developmental skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced organizational skills, particularly when organizing someone else’s material or processes.
- Knowledge of collegiate academic, business, and data structures.
- Certificate in database structures and development highly desired.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Licensure, Registrations, Certification: Desired – Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CCNA.
- Note – Some evenings and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in IS maintenance and campus recruiting functions.
Information Technology Instructor
Posted: July 13, 2017
- Teaching Information Technology coursework, classroom management, and curriculum development.
- This is a year-round, full-time position with an excellent benefits package
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AS or BS degree in Computer Science or related computer field.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Web portfolio or examples of work
Program Targeted Recruiter - Kansas City Territory
Posted: July 19, 2017
Position Description: The Program Targeted Recruiter will consult with automotive managers to anticipate and meet the evolving technician demand of the dealership service centers.
The recruiter will visit with high schools and technical centers to implement the recruiting strategy and enroll the best qualified candidates into the automotive program. He/she will meet with both high school counselors and instructors to schedule visits and make presentations.
The recruiter will report to the department chair for the certified dealership technician program and also coordinate with the school’s Admissions Department. He/she will also collaborate with all stakeholders to develop and implement the recruiting strategy for the program.
The scope of the recruitment area will be a 500-mile radius from the Kansas City Metro Area with the primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. The schedule will include an average weekly travel of four days on visits and one day in-house doing research, enrollment management, and reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an approved college and T-TEN Targeted Recruiting Plan.
- Recruit primarily in primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri.
- Develop and maintain relationships with automotive dealership personnel/managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school counselors and instructors.
- Maintain database of dealer personnel, school contacts, prospects, and enrollments.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and drive recruitment activity.
- Work with department heads to create and implement recruitment strategies.
- Implement recruitment strategies.
- Regularly follow up with the recruitment candidates to ensure timeliness.
- Manage full cycle (end-to-end) recruiting process to enroll students.
- Perform internship management activities including on-site evaluation visits for interning students.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Sales Experience: Five plus years of sales or recruiting experience preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills, and team based project experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and Internet research.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the end to end recruitment process.
Experience in automotive repair field, or background in education field is a plus.
Truck/Diesel Mechanics Instructor
Full Time – Wentzville Location
Posted: June 28, 2017
Responsibilities: Responsibilities for the Diesel Instructor include instructional planning, teaching and learning; Student recruitment. retention and advising; Assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment; Assist in maintaining requirements of NATEF standards; work with Diesel program advisory committee to maintain and enhance Diesel curriculum and assess Diesel program outcomes; Assist with scheduling, budgeting, hiring, and other duties; Participate in college governance, committee work, student advising, etc.; and participate in available training to keep current in Diesel Technology. Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing general and repairs on Heavy Duty Diesel Trucks, to include instruction in shop safety. Teaching duties include fundamentals of Diesel Engines; Suspension & Steering; Brakes; Electrical/Electronic Systems; Preventative Maintenance Inspection; Drive Train; Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning; Hydraulics.
- Five years of full time employment as a Diesel/Heavy equipment mechanic.
- Master ASE Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and 2,000 hours of field experience; OR AS degree in Diesel Technology and 8,000 hours of field experience; OR Master ASE Certification and 18,000 hours of field experience.
- Community college or technical school teaching experience.
- Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
Ranken Technical College has a wide variety of adjunct instructor positions available for upcoming semesters. Adjunct instructors are part-time teachers for day and/or evening school classes who are paid on a contractual basis per semester. Adjunct faculty members bring valuable knowledge, industry experience, and diversity to the classroom. Many instructors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired trade and business professionals. They choose to teach because they find it rewarding to interact with students, help direct the future of their careers, and give back to the community.
Education requirements vary and to teach occupational/technical courses, faculty members must have the minimum credentials required to work in that field and relevant work experience. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are needed along with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- General Education subjects requiring a master’s degree: Math, Science, English Composition, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Literacy, Business;
- Technical Education subjects requiring an associate degree: Automotive Maintenance, Automotive Collision Repair, High Performance Racing, Architectural, Carpentry, Heating and Cooling, Major Appliance Repair, Plumbing, Electrical, Information Technology, Mechanical Maintenance, and Machining Technology.
To Apply For Any Open Position
If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter noting the position for which you are applying and your resume with salary history to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE.
Mail: Attn: Human Resources
Ranken Technical College
4431 Finney Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63113