Ranken Technical College has been helping students experience success for 100 years. Ranken is more than a college, it’s an experience that provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to launch and maintain successful careers. The College’s three-pronged approach to teaching – hands-on technical experience, general education and professionalism – gives our students the competitive edge, proven by our excellent job placement rate.
Outside Admissions Counselor - Southwest, MO Territory
Responsible for recruiting high school students in the Southwest Missouri territory to ensure enrollment efforts and to fill classes. Assists in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of an integrated recruitment effort, focusing on high school students in Southwest Missouri schools. Assists in the planning of all high school recruitment activities. Assists in enrolling students. Valid driver’s license will be verified. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, business, or educational administration; master’s degree preferred.
- Sales experience required; at least two years of experience in college admissions, recruiting, or student services activities preferred.
- Knowledge of higher-level education.
- Good organizational skills, computer skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent persuasion skills to influence outcomes.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in campus recruiting functions.
Administrative Assistant - Two Positions Open
Admissions Office: Provides administrative assistance to the Dean of Enrollment Management. Supports the professional development and inter-office collaboration of the Enrollment Management staff through minute taking, record keeping, and policy updating. Coordinates calendar, hospitality, tech support, facility reservations, scheduling meetings, email and phone correspondence, and special projects for the Dean of Enrollment Management. Prepares and synthesizes admissions reports. Reviews work from recruitment team and reports to Dean of Enrollment Management. Interacts with personnel throughout the College regarding STEM Pathways, Admissions, Marketing, and Career Services. Answers phones, greets visitors, schedules appointments, and coordinates mass mailings and e-mailings. Maintains records/spreadsheets for seminars and academies. Registers students in databases, creates folders. Handles withdrawals, registration changes, waiting lists, missing information. Assists with Admissions events, coordinates food, location, needed materials, sends invitations to various events, database management, and responds to e-mails.
Education Office: Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Vice President and Vice President for Diversity and Student Success. Prepares correspondence and reports including gathering needed data. Tracks calendars, schedules appointments, greets visitors, answers phone calls, files, copies, coordinates mailings, faxes, scans, etc. Tracks budget expenses for Education departments. Maintains student records regarding attendance, discipline, and review board results. Works on projects and assists others with projects and campus events.
- Superior customer service skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, over the telephone, and via e-mail.
- Expert computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in SalesForce. SQL and database management knowledge preferred.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform general office duties.
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational skills; accuracy and attention to details are important.
- High school diploma or GED; college business courses; associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required for some events.
Electrical Continuing Education / Workforce Development Specialist
Posted: August 22, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with companies to assess industrial training needs and creates training proposals to meet those needs.
- Conducts classes and seminars.
- Completes documentation and reports on program Instruction.
- Assists wit electrical training classes.
- Shares in department-related responsibilities.
- Involves day, evening, and possible weekend work with occasional travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Practical work/educational experience in one or more of the following electrical subject areas:
- Applied knowledge focusing on Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC and HMI hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Automation networks.
- Electrical Construction Field (Journeyman Status Minimum)
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience (5 years) in an industrial environment.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Post-secondary / adult teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process
Posted: August 22, 2017
Maintains all server, network, camera, and security systems in use by the College’s faculty, staff, and student body. Troubleshoots and resolves problems; upgrades hardware, software, and operating systems; and performs new installations as well as installs and is responsible for ensuring maintenance of all network cabling and network devices throughout the campus. Maintains and administers the College’s phone system and 1Card system. Coordinates and tests network and data security. Ensures data integrity by guaranteeing data is backed up and servers are fault tolerant. Maintains server performance by supplying them with the newest service packs, patches, and enhancements. Provides the College with support for its academic and administrative software which includes troubleshooting and numerous database management tasks and server maintenance. Sets up and tests labs with the software needed for various programs and employee training seminars. Ensures backup administration and recovery is functioning. Adapts to new technology and to different operating systems.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of computer troubleshooting. One to three years of server/network troubleshooting experience.
- Strong report writing and developmental skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced organizational skills, particularly when organizing someone else’s material or processes.
- Knowledge of collegiate academic, business, and data structures.
- Certificate in database structures and development highly desired.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Licensure, Registrations, Certification: Desired – Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CCNA.
- Note – Some evenings and/or weekend hours will be required to participate in IS maintenance and campus recruiting functions.
Program Targeted Recruiter - Kansas City Territory
Posted: August 22, 2017
Position Description: The Program Targeted Recruiter will consult with automotive managers to anticipate and meet the evolving technician demand of the dealership service centers.
The recruiter will visit with high schools and technical centers to implement the recruiting strategy and enroll the best qualified candidates into the automotive program. He/she will meet with both high school counselors and instructors to schedule visits and make presentations.
The recruiter will report to the department chair for the certified dealership technician program and also coordinate with the school’s Admissions Department. He/she will also collaborate with all stakeholders to develop and implement the recruiting strategy for the program.
The scope of the recruitment area will be a 500-mile radius from the Kansas City Metro Area with the primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. The schedule will include an average weekly travel of four days on visits and one day in-house doing research, enrollment management, and reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an approved college and T-TEN Targeted Recruiting Plan.
- Recruit primarily in primary travel area encompassing, but not limited to, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri.
- Develop and maintain relationships with automotive dealership personnel/managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school counselors and instructors.
- Maintain database of dealer personnel, school contacts, prospects, and enrollments.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and drive recruitment activity.
- Work with department heads to create and implement recruitment strategies.
- Implement recruitment strategies.
- Regularly follow up with the recruitment candidates to ensure timeliness.
- Manage full cycle (end-to-end) recruiting process to enroll students.
- Perform internship management activities including on-site evaluation visits for interning students.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Sales Experience: Five plus years of sales or recruiting experience preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills, and team based project experience.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and Internet research.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the end to end recruitment process.
Experience in automotive repair field, or background in education field is a plus.
Truck/Diesel Mechanics Instructor - Wentzville Location
Posted: August 22, 2017
Responsibilities: Responsibilities for the Diesel Instructor include instructional planning, teaching and learning; Student recruitment. retention and advising; Assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment; Assist in maintaining requirements of NATEF standards; work with Diesel program advisory committee to maintain and enhance Diesel curriculum and assess Diesel program outcomes; Assist with scheduling, budgeting, hiring, and other duties; Participate in college governance, committee work, student advising, etc.; and participate in available training to keep current in Diesel Technology. Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing general and repairs on Heavy Duty Diesel Trucks, to include instruction in shop safety. Teaching duties include fundamentals of Diesel Engines; Suspension & Steering; Brakes; Electrical/Electronic Systems; Preventative Maintenance Inspection; Drive Train; Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning; Hydraulics.
- Five years of full time employment as a Diesel/Heavy equipment mechanic.
- Master ASE Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology and 2,000 hours of field experience; OR AS degree in Diesel Technology and 8,000 hours of field experience; OR Master ASE Certification and 18,000 hours of field experience.
- Community college or technical school teaching experience.
- Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
Ranken Technical College has a wide variety of adjunct instructor positions available for upcoming semesters. Adjunct instructors are part-time teachers for day and/or evening school classes who are paid on a contractual basis per semester. Adjunct faculty members bring valuable knowledge, industry experience, and diversity to the classroom. Many instructors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired trade and business professionals. They choose to teach because they find it rewarding to interact with students, help direct the future of their careers, and give back to the community.
Education requirements vary and to teach occupational/technical courses, faculty members must have the minimum credentials required to work in that field and relevant work experience. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are needed along with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- General Education subjects requiring a master’s degree: Math, Science, English Composition, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Literacy, Business;
- Technical Education subjects requiring an associate degree: Automotive Maintenance, Automotive Collision Repair, High Performance Racing, Architectural, Carpentry, Heating and Cooling, Major Appliance Repair, Plumbing, Electrical, Information Technology, Mechanical Maintenance, and Machining Technology.
To Apply For Any Open Position
If you wish to be part of a proud tradition of excellence in education, send your cover letter noting the position for which you are applying and your resume with salary history to Human Resources at Ranken Technical College. EOE.
Mail: Attn: Human Resources
Ranken Technical College
4431 Finney Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63113