Continuing a proud tradition of excellence in education.
Ranken Technical College was founded in 1907 by David Ranken, Jr., as a private, non-profit educational institution to train students for employment in a variety of technical and mechanical occupations.
Established with a foundation deed of more than $1 million dollars, Ranken began its first academic year in September 1909. David Ranken later added his entire fortune to the school's endowment, which, since then, has contributed to the substantial growth of the college and helped to reduce annual operating costs and tuition. Today, at $64 million, Ranken's endowment fund significantly supplements the cost of students' education.
With its proud tradition of excellence in education, Ranken has maintained its position as a national leader in technical education. Ranken is the first non-profit trade and technical school to be accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Over the years, the small campus of 1907 has grown to an 18-acre complex spread over three city blocks, with eleven individual buildings of classrooms, labs, student housing and administrative offices — all designed to maximize hands-on learning.